1.04.2010

I wanted to be a ballerina

So Sunday,
in a crazy blizzard, with treacherous roads and a very old van my mother and I as well as a friend and her daughter went downtown to see The Nutcracker Ballet done by the National Ballet. My mom is kind of a spaz but surprisingly, she kept
everything pretty much together. Even white knuckling it down the highway, go mom.
Also, did I mention it was negative 1000 outside, good thing we only had to walk like one block to Eaton's for lunch/supper after.



Anyway, the show was just beautiful, costumes, set, dancing, fantastic. Last time I saw the Nutcracker I was five and I fell asleep on my Dads lap. Surprisingly, at least to me, there was a lot of kids in the show and some super super cute kids in animal costumes...loveeed it. Actually just the animal costumes in general were brilliant like the mouse king etc. I couldn't imagine dancing in those. Mad skills.



There was also this adorable little girl in the row in front of us who was dancing in the aisle trying to copy the dancers on the stage. It made me remember how much I absolutely adored things like the nutcracker ballet when I was young. I would have died and gone to heaven if I had seen that show when I was five.
Why do we have to get old and boring?



I also noticed that male ballet dancers are extremely good looking. Actually just dancers in general. I wish I had that kind of dedication and devotion to something.
I'm trying to, its just a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment