5.25.2011

2 am

It took me ages to find the right man. And when I did he was just passing through, not bent on staying in one place. Mainly because he was running from a host of things. He had loads of baggage hanging around his neck and weighing him down. The first thing I did was sort through it all, shaking each out and hanging it on the line. All those times we sat up into the night, I was crawling out of my skin and into his. It was painstaking, frustrating, but finally they flapped in the sunshine like laundry, stretching across the yard. And finally I could look at him, without mother, father, sister, brother, or time, looming under those eyes. We could sit together in silence and it was easy, breathing was easy, loving was easy.

2 comments:

  1. I
    LOVEEEE
    this

    "crawling out of my skin and into his"
    "loving was easy"

    Is there more to this???? If there is I would like to read it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no that is all, the result of some insomnia
    I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete