11.21.2011

Monday Night

I can finally display my polaroids thanks to craft gawker where I stole this great idea!


anddd here's a poem I wrote for my Intro to Creative Writing class (best class everrrr)

In His Shoes

My father wore those boots
and so did I
and so did my brother
when he drowned
in the lake behind our house
my mother's grief
could have been heard across
the Atlantic ocean
and when they carried his body away
I was rooted to the porch slats
holding the boots by the laces
while the water
dripped
into a puddle
at my feet

1 comment:

  1. I love your polaroid display!! I have mine magneted to my fridge at the moment for lack of a better display. And then of course there are the fake ones hanging on my wall. I forgot about that.
    Your writing always blows my mind. I don't know how you come up with all of the things you do. I could never do that.

    ReplyDelete